We have spent the last year without the slightest hint of grandeur and opulence. Major awards shows went digital and stars dialed in from the comfort of their homes. Shaking us from this virtual monotony, the 93rd Academy Awards has set opened the gates for a luxe yet again. On 26th April 2021, we witnessed magnificence and craftsmanship come alive with the Oscar red carpet looks. With breathtaking gowns and structured suits, the Oscar red carpet looks were all about a refined take on fashion. Missed your opportunity at 5 am, IST? Here are some of the most talked-about looks from the Academy Awards.
Read more- Color Forecast: Spring-Summer Palette For 2023
1. Regina King in a custom-made pale blue Louis Vuitton gown that features shoulders inspired from the 1980s and bejeweled pleating.
2. Martin Desmond Roe and Travon Free paid tribute to Kobe Bryant with the bejeweled Dolce and Gabbana pins with the numbers 24 and 2. The numbers are from Kobe and Gianna’s jersey numbers.
3. With a blow of freshness and brightness, Zendaya took her name to the best-dressed list in the Oscar red carpet looks with the couture gown from Valentino. The Bulgari necklace further accentuated it.
4. It rained gold with Carey Mulligan’s Oscar red carpet looks. She went for the Valentino gold gown from the SS21 couture show and personified sumptuousness.
5. Margot Robbie turned heads in this chic and subtle custom look from Channel. The ennobled lace dress is from their Fall-Winter 2019/20 Haute Couture collection.
6. Cobalt embellished pants to the Oscar red carpet? She did it quite nicely!
7. Glenn Close showed us comfort is above all. With an embellished royal blue jacket featuring an illusion neckline, trousers, and gloves by Armani Privé, she redefined Oscar red carpet looks.
8. Taking sartorial excellence to a whole new level, Leslie Odom Jr.’s double-breasted gold ensemble was crafted of exclusive jacquard fabric, gold silk, and pure 24-carat gold thread. All hail Brioni!
9. Another gem from the Academy Awards red carpet looks was by little Alan Kim. He wore a custom Thom Browne single-breasted black tuxedo with 4-bar tipping, classic backstrap shirt, 4 bar socks, and black leather brogues.
10. Viola Davis altered the style dynamics with her custom-made gown from Alexander McQueen. The white thistle embroidered applique dress with the circular gathered chiffon skirt made it to the 93rd Oscar portrait.
Which look got your heart racing? Tell me in the comments!
Picture Courtesy- Getty Images